The following documents are required by GM Financial to process the claim:
- Completed Investigation Request Form
- Copy of an ID Theft Report, for example a police report, filed with a federal, state, or local law enforcement agency. (An FTC ID Theft Complaint form is not valid without an accompanying police report.)
The following additional documents are not required (but may be requested) and will assist in expediting the claim:
- Completed ID Theft Affidavit
- Copies of (three) canceled checks signed by the victim and cleared by the victim’s checking account (used for signature comparison)
- Copy of a driver’s license or government-issued ID of the victim
Please mail to:
Attn: Central Fraud Department
801 Cherry Street, Ste. 3500
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Once the required documents are received, GM Financial will investigate your claim. The investigation will be resolved in the following manner:
If GM Financial can establish the true identity of the victim and determines the claim to be valid, the victim will be notified via mail, and GM Financial will report to the credit bureau agencies that the GM Financial account should be deleted from the victim’s credit file.
If GM Financial cannot establish the true identity of the claimant, or, in good faith, determines the claim to be invalid, the claimant will be notified via mail. The GM Financial account will not be deleted from the claimant’s credit file.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your identity theft claim, please email the CentralFraud department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, contact phone number, account number if applicable and a brief description of your question or concern. A representative will contact you.