gmf|us|en|resources|faq|how-to-use-1099c en_us en-us
Back to top

A Form 1099-C is sent to a customer when a debt of $600 or more is canceled.

The IRS may consider the debt or portions of the forgiven debt as income leading to a one-time tax charge. A tax adviser or the IRS can assist you on what to do with the form.

If you want to pay any portion of the amount reported on the Form 1099-C, please call us at 1-800-284-2271.

/content/gmf/en_us/search-results.html /content/gmf/en_us/resources/faq/how-to-use-1099c/jcr:content true /en-us/resources/lease-end/get-going.html /en-us/resources/lease-end/get-inspected.html /en-us/resources/lease-end/get-started.html /en-us/resources/lease-end.html