NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: The sponsor of the October 2019 A Better Way Vacation (“Sweepstakes”) is AmeriCredit Financial Services, Inc. d/b/a GM Financial ("Sponsor"), 801 Cherry Street, Suite 3500, Fort Worth, TX 76102.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. CST on October 3, 2019 and ends at 12:00 a.m. CST on October 25, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and/or the District of Columbia, excluding where otherwise prohibited by law or regulation, who are eighteen (18) years old or older at time of entry during the Sweepstakes Period (“Entrants”). Employees of Sponsor, its advertising agencies, prize providers and licensors, and each of the foregoing entities' affiliates, authorized designees and other related entities, and any other individual or entity associated with the development, judging or administration of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities"), as well as members of such employees' immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents), and persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Any eligible Entrant may enter the Sweepstakes via the entry methods described below:
(a) Electronic Entry. Any eligible Entrant who:
(i) is already enrolled in or enrolls in Paperless Billing before or during the Sweepstakes Period; and
(ii) downloads the GM Financial Mobile App (the “App”) before or during the Sweepstakes Period;
(iii) logs in to the GM Financial Mobile App at least once before or during the Sweepstakes Period; and
(iv) after completing the above, completes and submits a sweepstakes entry form found at www.gmfinancial.com/Sweepstakes
will receive an entry. The App is available for download on smartphones and mobile devices on Google Play and the iTunes App store. The App is free but subject to the listed terms and conditions described within the App. Use of the App requires a web-enabled device and therefore carrier data rates may apply.
(b) Postcard Entry: Alternatively any eligible Entrant may enter by mailing a 3.5” x 5” postcard to: “A Better Way Vacation” Sweepstakes, GM Financial, ATTN: Marketing Department, 801 Cherry Street, Suite 3500, Fort Worth, TX 76102. The postcard entry must contain Entrant’s name, age, mailing address, daytime telephone number, and email address (if applicable). Mailed postcard entries must be postmarked no later than October 25, 2019 and received by Sponsor no later than October 29, 2019. Proof of depositing entry in mail is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Illegal, incomplete, inaccurate and duplicate entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted from post office boxes.
Limit one (1) entry per person, regardless of method of entry. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; printing or other errors; and any entries or mail which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage due or any combination thereof.
All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. By entering, participants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
5. RANDOM DRAWING: One (1) winner will be selected in one (1) random drawing—one (1) winner per random drawing—from among all eligible entries, on or about October 31, 2019, by Sponsor or its designee, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
6. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be one (1) prize awarded, as described below. The winner may be required to complete and return an IRS W-9 form (i.e. Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) and may receive an IRS Form 1099 or equivalent from Sponsor or its designee. The winner will receive a prize that consists solely of: a Vacation Travel Certificate (“Certificate”) which is valid and redeemable for a “Trip Package” (defined below) for the winner and one (1) travel companion to the winner’s choice of Guanacaste, Costa Rica; Cancun, Mexico; or Montego Bay, Jamaica (“Destination City”).
The Certificate must be redeemed within the time period specified on the Certificate itself to avoid forfeiture of any or all of the funds. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or stolen Certificates or redemption letters, and the prize is not redeemable without the original prize Certificate or redemption letters.
The Trip Package will include:
(a) round-trip (“R/T”) economy (coach) class airfare for the winner and one (1) travel companion to the Destination City from the U.S. airport that is nearest the winner’s hometown (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion);
(b) hotel stay for four (4) consecutive nights in one (1) standard, double-occupancy room, for the winner and one (1) travel companion at an all-inclusive resort hotel (subject to “Hotel Restrictions” set forth below); and
(c) round-trip airport/hotel transfers, subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Destinations and travel times are subject to availability. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is $7,500.00 USD. The actual value of the prize may vary depending on cities of departure and destination, dates and times of travel and airfare fluctuations at the time of travel bookings. Therefore, the actual value of the prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. Any difference between actual value and stated ARV will not be awarded.
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS: In the event a winning entry is discovered to be invalid for any reason whatsoever or the person who submitted the winning entry fails to comply with these Official Rules prior to delivery of the prize, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
Travel is subject to the restrictions and conditions set forth below. The winner must provide a minimum of 45 days advance notice of desired departure and all travel must be completed by December 30, 2020 or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate potential winner may (at Sponsor’s sole discretion) be selected. Any costs associated with prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly stated above are not included in the prize, and are the sole responsibility of the winner and his/her travel companion. Such costs may include, without limitation, ground transportation, accommodation, any unspecified state or local taxes or government surcharges or fees, including, but not limited to, expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay, airport fees, trip and travel insurance and premiums, excursions, meals, drinks, incidentals, gratuities, telephone calls, charges for changing dates or other personal costs and expenses not specified herein, and are the sole responsibility of the winner and his or her travel companion. All travel arrangements are to be administered by the Sponsor or its designee. All aspects of the Trip Package, including, but not limited to, specific airline(s), flights and lounges are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Winner and his or her travel companion will be required to travel on identical itineraries including the same departure city, departure date, destination and return date. Grand Prize Winner and his or her travel companion will be required to provide valid passports at time of travel. If Winner elects to travel or partake in Trip Package with no travel companion, no additional compensation will be awarded. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All airline tickets issued in conjunction with prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles or any other promotional benefit. Sponsor or its designee will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items once they are in the winner’s possession, or in the possession of the winner’s travel companion. Prize travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, holiday and other blackout dates and certain other restrictions and conditions, all of which are subject to change. Charges for any additional checked bag(s) or for bag(s) that exceed weight and/or size limits are the sole responsibility of the winner and his or her travel companion. No additional prize element will be substituted. Sponsor is not responsible for changes in any element of trip schedule. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as the prize; if a stopover occurs, the prize will terminate and full fare will be charged from the stopover point for the remaining trip segment(s), including the return. Any unclaimed and/or unused prize travel package will remain the property of Sponsor. No substitutions by the winner are allowed.
Hotel Resort Restrictions: Rooms are subject to availability.
Air Travel Restrictions: Air travel is subject to the Airlines terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply.
WINNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL TAXES, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES NOT SPECIFIED HEREIN AS BEING AWARDED. Prize will be delivered only to an address in the United States. Entrants cannot win more than one (1) prize. No cash alternative or substitution of prizes will be allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize of comparable value if any of the prize components are unavailable, in whole or in part, for any reason.
8. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received at the time of the random drawing.
9. NOTICE TO WINNER: Attempts to notify a potential winner will be made using an email address or phone number associated with the GM Financial customer’s account or postcard entry, at which point Sponsor will provide the potential winner with Prize Claim Documents (described below). Sponsor is not responsible for communication problems of any kind. Winner will be notified by email or phone approximately one (1) business day after the random drawing. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within five (5) business days of the first notification attempt (or such shorter time as exigencies may require), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected.
10. PRIZE CLAIM DOCUMENTS AND VERIFICATION OF WINNER: Potential winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release (“Affidavit”) and receiving the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all eligibility requirements. If the Affidavit is not received by Sponsor within five (5) business days after transmission of the Prize Claim Documents (or such shorter time as exigencies may require), the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Winner's travel companion (“Guest”) must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in his/her state of primary residence at the time of travel. The Guest will be required to verify address and to execute a Travel Companion Release, as directed by the Sponsor. If the Travel Companion Release is not received by Sponsor within five (5) business days after transmission of the Prize Claim Documents (or such shorter time as exigencies may require), the potential travel companion may be disqualified from participating in the Trip Package.
11. CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION AND LEGAL NOTICE: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant affirms that he or she has read and agrees to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor or its designee(s). Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, be implemented for reasons beyond its control. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules or provisions. Any disputes, claims or causes of action arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the federal or state courts located in or near Fort Worth, Texas. By entering, all winners and entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in or near Fort Worth, Texas. As a condition of entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that: (a) under no circumstances will the entrant be entitled or permitted to obtain awards for, and the entrant expressly waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than actual, out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, and in no event shall attorney’s fees be recoverable by either party; and (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify from the Sweepstakes, and ban from any future promotions, any person it believes to have intentionally violated these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or to have tampered with any element of the Sweepstakes without notice to the disqualified or banned person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR AND ITS AGENT(S) OR DESIGNEE(S) ARE FINAL AND BINDING ON ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
12. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: Decisions of the Sponsor and its agents are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Sponsor, its advertising agencies, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and advisers and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and representatives of each (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries or communications; computer, mobile phone, telephone, cable, satellite, internet, website or text messaging disruptions or inaccessibility or other access issues that might hinder or prevent the ability of a person to enter or win the Sweepstakes or claim a prize; or theft, destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation mechanical, electronic, human, printing, distribution or production errors. The Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile phone related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes.
By entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants and winners (i) release and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all losses, liabilities, injury, death, litigation, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind and arising out of or that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from or relating to the participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or participant’s acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto) and (ii) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final.
Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select the winner from among all entries received from the unaffected portion of the Sweepstakes or by some other means deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules.
13. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules (available during the Sweepstakes Period) or a Winner List (available one (1) month after the end of the Sweepstakes Period), send a self-addressed envelope with the proper postage affixed to: “October 2019 A Better Way Vacation” Sweepstakes – OFFICIAL RULES – or – WINNERS (please specify which), GM Financial, ATTN: Marketing Department, 801 Cherry Street, Suite 3500, Fort Worth, TX 76102.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
©2019 AmeriCredit Financial Services, Inc. d/b/a GM Financial. GM Financial and the GM logo are trademarks of General Motors LLC.