The Site is controlled, operated, and administered by GM Financial from its offices within the United States. If you are accessing the Site from a location outside the United States, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your personal information to our facilities in the United States and to those third-parties with whom we share it as described in this Statement.
Table of Contents
Collecting Personal Information
GM Financial may collect, store, and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information you provide to us when you register on MyAccount, including your first and last names, GM Financial account number, Social Security number, e-mail address, and vehicle information such as make, model, and vehicle identification number ("VIN");
- Information you provide when completing an online GM Financial credit application, including your first and last names, physical address, residence type, length of time at current address, monthly rent or mortgage amount, home and business telephone numbers, e-mail address, date of birth, Social Security number, employment status, job title, employer name, employer phone number, length of time at place of employment, and income information;
- Information from commercially available third-party sources, such as consumer reporting agencies and identity verification services, which may be combined with the information you provide when completing an online GM Financial credit application;
- Information about the device or computer you use to access the Site, including device ID, device and platform type, operating system, IP address, browser type and version, domain name, and referring website/service/application; and
- Information that you send directly to GM Financial or post to any of GM Financial’s social media websites for publication on the Internet, such as your first and last names, user name, profile picture, user preferences such as “Like” button clicks, and the content of your posts.
Using Personal Information
We may use personal information that we collect in the following ways:
- To provide you with Services and to fulfill our contractual obligations to you;
- To process your GM Financial online credit application;
- To communicate with you about the Site or Services, such as to send you account updates or other communications regarding your account or to inform you of any changes to the Site or Services;
- To send you information about promotions or other marketing material;
- For specific purposes for which you provide consent;
- To provide you support or other services you request, for example technical support or to answer questions about the Site;
- To maintain and improve the Site and Services and improve user experience; and
- For any other legitimate business purpose.
Third-Party Collection of Personal Information
GM Financial may allow third-party service providers to place persistent identifiers such as cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons on the Site.
Cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons are used for the following purposes:
One of the third-party services that we use is Google Analytics, which is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of the Site and may share this data with other Google services.
The Site may also include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button, and other widgets, such as the “Share” button or interactive mini-programs provided by third-parties.
including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services.
Disclosing Personal Information to Third-Parties
We may disclose personal information we collect from you to the following third-parties, for the purposes specified:
- Service Providers. We may use third-parties to provide you with products and services you request.
If you are a customer, we may disclose the information we collect about you as described herein and in accordance with GM Financial customer privacy notices (for Lease and Retail) and applicable law.
- Affiliates. For customers, we may share personal information within the General Motors family of companies for analytical purposes, user preferences, and marketing in accordance with GM Financial’s customer privacy notices and applicable law.
- Dealers. We may share your credit application information with the dealer you select during the credit application process, in accordance with the terms and conditions of that process and applicable law.
- Change in Corporate Structure: We may share information in connection with a merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control, or sale of all or a portion of our assets or if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation.
- Consumer Reporting Agencies: We may report the status of your account with us to consumer reporting agencies.
- Other Disclosures. We may also disclose your personal information when we are required to do so by law; with your consent; or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
Making Changes to Your Information
You may make changes to the information that you provide to us on the MyAccount Site by logging into MyAccount and selecting “My Profile.” You may also select the “Contact Us” tab on the Site to ask us any questions.
Do Not Track
Certain web browsers may provide an option by which you may have the browser inform websites or Internet services you visit that you do not wish to have your activities tracked by cookies or other persistent identifiers across time and across third-party Internet websites,
online or cloud computing services, online applications, or mobile applications. These are commonly called "Do Not Track" signals. At this time, the Site does not honor Do Not Track signals from web browsers because it may diminish the optimal performance of the Site.
However, you may refuse or delete cookies. Please refer to your browser’s Help instructions to learn more about cookies and other technologies, and how to manage their use. If you do elect to refuse or delete cookies, you will need to repeat this process if you use another computer or change browsers.
If you choose to decline cookies, some of the functionalities of websites may be impaired.
We maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect against loss or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information you provide on the Site. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage technology is 100% secure.
While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. The security of your information also depends on the security of the electronic devices and Internet Service Provider network that you use to access the Site.
We are not responsible for the security of your information accessed on those devices or networks.
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 years, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 years. Please contact us if you believe we may have unknowingly collected information about a child under 13, and we will take immediate steps to delete any such personal information.