About GM Financial
GM Financial ("the Company") is the captive finance company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Motors Company ("GM") and is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas.
GM Financial's success is largely dependent on building strong, lasting relationships with our dealers and the consumer customers that we serve. This is why we are committed to providing best-in-class customer service, while promoting open, honest communication at all levels.
Our executive team and all employees must adhere to GM Financial's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. Our Code outlines the principles by which all team members conduct business with customers, vendors and each other. These principles apply to all GM Financial team members and affiliates and although it does not cover every issue that may arise, the Code provides guidelines for all employees in regard to their business conduct.
For a deeper understanding of expectations and guidelines set forth for the entire GM Financial team, please review GM Financial's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics policies below.
Our Business & Our History
GM Financial is a global provider of automobile finance solutions, with operations in the U.S., Canada, Europe and Latin America. Through our long-standing relationships with auto dealers, we offer attractive retail loan and lease programs to meet the unique needs of each customer. We also offer commercial lending products to dealers to help them finance and grow their businesses.
GM Financial was founded as AmeriCredit in September 1992 and opened its first branch office in Fort Worth, Texas. On Oct. 1, 2010, AmeriCredit Corp. was acquired by General Motors Company and renamed General Motors Financial Company, Inc. (GM Financial). In November 2012, GM Financial announced the acquisition of Ally Financial Inc.'s international assets. The majority of those assets were closed in 2013, with the remaining portion (an equity interest in a joint venture in China) expected to be completed in 2014.
In the fourth quarter of 2013, GM Financial had operations in 18 countries, providing auto finance solutions to over 13,000 dealers worldwide and earning assets of $33 billion.
For the year ended December 31, 2013(1), GM Financial reported:
- Net income of $566(2) million
- Loan and lease originations of $12.4 billion
- Consumer loan portfolio of $23.3 billion
- Shareholders' equity of $6.3 billion
- Liquidity of $3.9 billion, consisting of $1.0 billion in unrestricted cash, $1.7 billion of available borrowing capacity on unpledged eligible receivables, $615 million of borrowing capacity on unsecured lines of credit and $600 million on a line of credit from GM
(1) Results for international operations are reflected beginning in the second quarter of 2013 from the date of their acquisition
(2) Includes the $15M charge to provision expense associated with discontinuing the Chevrolet brand in Europe
For more detailed financial information, visit our Resources For Investors.