Qualified active duty personnel are entitled to a temporary reduction of their interest
rate to six percent under the provisions of the Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act
You are eligible for a rate reduction under the SCRA if:
- You signed the contract for the vehicle before you were called to, inducted,
or enlisted in active United States military service, or
- You were a reserve member of the military, civilian employee of the military, Merchant
Marine, or National/State Guard at the time the contract was entered into, but called
to active duty after the date of contract.
You are not eligible for a rate reduction under the SCRA if:
- You were already a full-time (non-civilian) employee of the military when the contract
Note: Deployment is not a factor for
Eligibility will vary for servicemembers in Louisiana and Ohio. If you are an
active duty servicemember in one of these states, please contact the Customer Care
Support department at 1-800-284-2271 for more information.
When will the interest rate reduction take effect?
- The interest rate reduction will be effective on the date you receive notification
that you must report for active duty or the active duty date, whichever occurs earlier.
- The interest rate reduction remains in effect the entire length of active duty.
- In order to reduce your interest rate, you must provide GM Financial with military
notification that includes your name, Social Security number (SSN) and active duty
date. GM Financial must receive notification in one of the following formats:
- A copy of the active duty orders;
- A letter from your commanding officer on military letterhead; or
- Some form of official notification
- Send the active duty notification to the Customer Care Support department via fax
- Fax Number: (817) 524-2820
Attention: Customer Care Support
P.O. Box 183581
Arlington, TX 76096
If you have any questions, contact the Customer Care Support department at