Explore Your Lease-End Options
To get started, familiarize yourself with your contract and brush up on your lease terms and potential charges, find your dealership, and get answers by messaging with us in real time.
Return Your Lease
Whether you are getting into a new GM vehicle or moving on, you will return your current lease. Scroll down to schedule your pre-return inspection and get familiar with the turn-in process.
Purchase Your Lease Vehicle
Do you love your ride so much you don’t want to say goodbye? You can purchase your vehicle at any point during your lease. Visit your dealership to discuss your options.
A pre-return inspection is optional, but beneficial to get ahead of any repairs that may need to be addressed prior to returning the vehicle. Make getting a new vehicle at the end of your lease as smooth as possible by scheduling a complimentary pre-return inspection. Here are three benefits:
Pre-return inspection provided by a
third-party service free of charge.
Peace of Mind
You can decide to make the repairs or budget for potential charges.
Your pre-return inspection can take place at home, at work or at your dealership.
Follow the excess wear guidelines below, or download the checklist, to get ahead of any repairs that may need to be addressed prior to returning.
Good To Go!
- Fewer than four dings or dents less than 2.5cm in diameter per panel that have not penetrated or cracked the paint surface.
- Panel scratches less than 10cm in length that have not penetrated or cracked the paint surface.
- Chips (including legs) less than 1cm in diameter anywhere on the windshield.
- Maximum of three chips allowed.
- Panel dents or dings 2.5cm in diameter or greater, or that have penetrated or cracked the paint surface.
- Hail damage or punctures on any panel.
- Panel scratches that have penetrated or cracked the paint surface.
- Chips (including legs) equal to or greater than 1cm in diameter anywhere on the windshield.
- Windshield is cracked and/or broken.
Good To Go!
- Any removable stains.
- No upholstery holes on seats or carpet.
- All mechanical items functional.
- Permanent stains
- Any interior upholstery holes, cuts, or tears.
- Any malfunctioning or nonoperational equipment
Good To Go!
- Tread Depth greater than 3mm at the shallowest point (including spare tire).
- Tires must match manufacturer’s recommended guidelines.
- The two tires on each axle match in type and brand name.
- Original manufacturer wheels.
Note: winter/snow tires are acceptable on vehicles returned Nov. 1 - April 15, but must meet the above-mentioned requirements.
- Tread depth equal to or less than 3mm at the shallowest point.
- Tires that are mismatched
- Tires have gouges, cuts or sidewall plugs. Wheels with scratches.
- Mismatched tire size. The two tires on each axle do not match in type and brand name.
- Studded tires.
Good To Go!
- No missing equipment or broken parts
- Any replacement part that meets manufacturer’s specifications of equal quality and design.
- Any missing equipment (including keyless entry remote) or broken parts.
- Any replacement part that does not meet manufacturer’s specifications of equal quality and design.
- View your total kilometre allowance on your lease agreement by logging in to your MyAccount.
Turn In Your Vehicle
Upon check in, you’ll sign and receive a Vehicle Check-In Receipt and Odometer Statement that confirms you returned your vehicle. It records mileage at the time of vehicle return.
End Of Term Invoice
After you’ve returned your vehicle, you should expect to receive your End of Term Invoice up to 30-45 days after your vehicle has been returned, if applicable.
Flexible Payment Options
GM Financial is proud to offer an array of payment options for our customers. Easily make payments through auto debt, by mail or over the phone.
Help and Support
Find your answers by using these resources to help guide your lease-end experience, or log in to MyAccount to send a message to our Customer Experience team and get answers anytime, anywhere.